To mark the 50th anniversary of Santa Rosa Catholic Church on Sunday, Aug. 18, parishioners departed from the old Santa Rosa Chapel on the hill above historic east village of Cambria for a procession. The chapel was built in 1870. Joyce Williams carried the sign representing founding families.
The procession up Main Street was reminiscent of the move to the newer church consecrated in 1963, with a sign carried by the present day pastor, the Rev. Mark Stetz.
Festivities during the day included a Golden Anniversary Liturgy, blessing of the new Memorial Walkway, and barbecue and Mexican dinners.