The Cambria Skate Park will reopen Wednesday, Oct. 17, Cambria Community Services District facilities and resources supervisor Carlos Mendoza has announced.
The park in the 1000 block of Main Street in Cambria’s West Village had been closed for repairs since February.
The park is operated by CCSD, with the assistance of parent volunteers and fundraising help from the Sons of the American Legion.
Regulations revised by the CCSD board in March include:• Helmets, elbow pads and kneepads are required;
• Only skateboards, inline skates and roller skates are permitted;
• Use of the park before 7 a.m. or after dark is prohibited;
• Alcohol and tobacco use is prohibited;
• Additional ramps, jumps or other equipment may not be brought into the skateboard park; and
• Adults are responsible seeing that minors under their supervision abide by the regulations.
Community youth, under the leadership of parent volunteer Daniel Beauchene, went out house-to-house and business-to-business asking for donations and were able to collect around $3,000 to help pay for skate park repairs, Mendoza said.