Cambria’s holiday calendar includes:
• Cambria’s free annual Thanksgiving Day dinner will be served from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 26, at the Veterans Memorial Building, 1000 Main St. Everybody is welcome to dine and enjoy fun and festivities. For details or to volunteer, call 927-4064.
• Cambrians can plant some seedlings and help regenerate Cambria’s native Monterey pine forest at the annual post-Thanksgiving tree planting on the Fiscalini Ranch Preserve from 10 a.m. to noon Sunday, Nov. 29. Breakfast refreshments provided. Meet at the Tipton Street entrance to the park. For details, contact Jo Ellen Butler at 927-2856.
• The annual Festival of Trees auction will be on the evening of Tuesday, Dec. 1. (See story, Page 1.)
• Hospitality Night, Thursday, Dec. 3, is a downtown open house hosted by local businesses. Many nonprofits also showcase their offerings to the community. (See story, Page 1.)
• Holiday open house hosted by the Cambria Democratic Club of the North Coast in conjuction with Hospitality Night from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 3, at the Cambria Veterans Memorial Building, 1000 Main St. Call 924-1232 for details.
• The Cambria Farmers Market hosts its annual Christmas event with music, goodies and “fun for all” from 2:30 to 5 p.m. Friday, Dec. 4, at 1000 Main St.
• A holiday gift sale featuring handcrafted fair-trade items from around the world will be held from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Dec. 5 and 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 6 at the St Paul’s Episcopal Church Parish Hall, 2700 Eton Road.
• Tree planting, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Saturday, Dec. 19. Bring gloves and meet at the bend in Fern Drive. Parking space is limited, so drop-off arrangements or carpooling is encouraged. E-mail email@example.com for details.
• Also, the Salvation Army is seeking bell-ringers to staff Red Kettle locations at Cookie Crock Market and the Cambria Post Office on Bridge Street. Donations help local families in need. For details, call 927-4044.
— Cambrian staff report