A Villa Automotive employee sweating a copper pipe sparked a structure fire at the San Luis Obispo auto repair service Sunday afternoon, firefighters said.
San Luis Obispo Fire Department personnel responded to the commercial structure fire at 3:16 p.m. on South Street, according to a news release. A responding unit found fire in the attic of the 1,800-square-foot, single-story commercial structure.
The fire was confined to the attic area above the motorcycle repair area, sparing significant damage to the automotive repair shop, according to the news release. Control of the fire was achieved within 15 minutes.
No injuries were reported. Damage to the structure and its contents is estimated at $2,000.
Never miss a local story.
The cause of the fire was determined to be an employee sweating copper pipe where slag fell into the wall area, the news release said.