The nonprofit Community Health Centers of the Central Coast Inc. is hosting free flu shot clinics for adults this week, until supplies run out at the following locations:
• Templeton: 8 a.m. to noon and 1 to 6 p.m. Wednesday. Los Robles Community Medical Center, 325 Posada Lane, Suites A-C.
• Atascadero. 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday. Atascadero CHC, 7512 Morro Road.
• Paso Robles. 2 to 5 p.m. Friday. CHC Paso Robles Primary Care, 416 Spring St., Suite 201.• San Luis Obispo: 2 to 5 p.m. Friday. CHC San Luis Obispo, 77 Casa St.
• Nipomo: 2 to 4:30 p.m. Friday. CHC Nipomo, 150 Tejas Place.
• Santa Maria. 2 to 4 p.m. Friday. CHC Santa Maria I, 2801 Santa Maria Way.
Flu season is peaking right now and can last until May.
“It’s imperative that all of our community members take time to get a flu shot this year,” said CHC Medical Director John Khan in a recent news release.
In addition to getting a flu shot, you can protect yourself from the flu by: covering your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze; washing your hands often with soap and water; avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth; and trying to avoid close contact with sick people. Stay home if you have a fever, or have had one in the past 24 hours.
For updates on local flu clinics, visit http://communityhealthcenters.org/en/free-flu-shot-clinics.html.