The public has an opportunity to learn free life-saving skills June 7 with the Paso Robles Department of Emergency Services paramedics’ hands-only CPR training courses.
Hands-only CPR includes chest compressions without mouth-to-mouth breathing.
Those trained will not receive official CPR certification, organizers said, but they will be prepared to administer the techniques after the brief training session.
Effective bystander CPR provided immediately after sudden cardiac arrest can nearly triple a victim’s chance of survival, authorities said in a news release.
Never miss a local story.
Courses will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the following Paso Robles locations:
- Fire Station No. 1 — 900 Park St.
- Fire Station No. 2 — 235 Santa Fe Ave.
- Paso Robles Library/City Hall — 1000 Spring St.
- Paso Robles Senior Center — 270 Scott St.
- Centennial Park – 600 Nickerson Drive