The San Luis Obispo Fire Department conducted a series of training burns on a house at 247 Foothill Blvd. in San Luis Obispo on Wednesday.
The house, slated for demolition as part of a proposed development, was donated for the training exercise by owner Victor Montgomery.
Fire officials said asbestos and other materials that pose an elevated risk when burned were removed from the house before the training.
Firefighters practiced various exercises throughout the house midmorning and culminated the training midday with the full burning.