Several road closures are planned in and near downtown Paso Robles on Wednesday and Thursday as the city gears up for the Amgen Tour of California cycling race. The cyclists are set to pedal through town Thursday.
Here are the planned closures:
- Spring Street between 9th and 13th streets will be closed for event setup beginning 7 p.m. Wednesday.
- Spring Street between 8th to 13th streets will be closed beginning 5 a.m. Thursday.
- From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursday, motorists aren’t allowed to park along the race course, which enters Paso Robles from Nacimiento Lake Drive and navigates from 24th Street into the downtown area.
All road closures will affect traffic in both directions.
Never miss a local story.
Here are the approximate times that the first cyclists are expected to arrive Thursday:
- 2:01 p.m.: Enter Nacimiento Lake Drive from Interlake Road
- 2:05 p.m.: left Nacimiento Lake Drive
- 2:20 p.m.: left Nacimiento Lake Drive
- 2:39 p.m.: enter Paso Robles
- 2:41 p.m.: right Spring St. from 24th St.
- 2:43 p.m.: right 13th St. from Spring St.
- 2:43 p.m.: left onto Vine St. from 13th St.
- 2:44 p.m.: left onto 6th St. from Vine St.
- 2:44 p.m.: left onto Spring St. from 6th St.
- 2:45 p.m.: straight to finish line at 11th St.
Streets along the race route will be temporarily blocked to allow cyclists to pass. Nacimiento Lake Drive will fully close near Slate Ranch Road beginning at approximately 2 p.m. Thursday. Traffic won’t be allowed to travel west on Nacimiento Lake Drive from that point until after the cyclists have passed, organizers said.
The road closures will be lifted for emergency vehicles, official said.
All the parking and road closures are scheduled to end by 7 p.m. Thursday.
Those with concerns about accessing a residence or business can call 227-7243.