Firefighters are crediting an Arroyo Grande homeowner's dog for saving her life after a fire broke out in their home.
Smoke detectors, while installed at the home in the 1700 block of Corbett Highlands Place, did not go off when the fire broke out at 12:30 a.m. Friday, according to a news release from Cal Fire.
The dog started barking due to the smoke, according to firefighters, which woke up the sleeping resident.
The fire was caused by a malfunctioning cooling fan in the sub-floor, according to firefighters. Damage was estimated at $30,000.
Never miss a local story.
No one was injured in the blaze.