Arroyo Grande police say they have arrested two juveniles in connection with phone threats allegedly made against seven Arroyo Grande High School students and “numerous other victims in various parts of the country.”
The case began early last week when the first purported local victim reported the threat, according to police.
Investigators obtained a search warrant later in the week, which led to the two arrests on Friday evening, police said.
Authorities would not disclose the details of the threats, only indicating that they were violent in nature.
The kids accused of the threats were booked into the San Luis Obispo County Juvenile Services Center on suspicion of making violent threats and conspiracy, police said.
Their custody status could not be determined on Saturday.
Police are not disclosing their names, nor even their gender or ages, because they are minors suspected of a crime.