Firefighters put out two separate fires in Los Osos on Monday evening.
At 6:22 p.m., smoke was reportedly seen coming from a structure in the 1500 block of 14th Street, according to Cal Fire.
Crews from Cal Fire and the Morro Bay Fire Department as well as Sheriff's Department personnel responded to the fire, which was controlled at 9:04 p.m., Cal Fire said.
The cause of the fire was determined to be an electrical malfunction. The fire caused $50,000 in damage to the structure and its contents, according to Cal Fire. No injuries were reported.
Never miss a local story.
Just a few minutes earlier, a fire was reported in a field on Los Osos Valley Road at Palisades Avenue, in what appeared to be a homeless encampment, according to Cal Fire.
The fire burned a 10-foot-square area, damaging a mattress, an ice chest and magazines, according to Cal Fire. The fire was controlled at 7:42 p.m.
Explosions were reportedly heard in the area before Cal Fire crews arrived on the scene, but no evidence was found that pointed to the cause of the explosions or the fire, according to Cal Fire.
No one was injured, and the fire is under investigation.