The names of two Grover Beach police officers who were placed on paid administrative leave after an officer-involved shooting Sunday night have been released.
The two officers are Mike Hollis, a senior officer who has been with the department for more than 9 years, and Stephen Ball, who has been on the force for more than 4 years.
The incident happened at 6:45 p.m. Sunday when Grover Beach police received a report of a suspicious subject at 49-year-old Randal Corvey’s home on North 10th Street. Two officers contacted Corvey in the home, which resulted in a physical altercation, Police Chief Jim Copsey said.
Hollis and Ball were injured during that struggle, and Corvey was shot, police said. Details on who shot him have not yet been released.
Corvey and the officers were taken to Arroyo Grande Community Hospital with non life-threatening injuries. Corvey was later arrested and booked into San Luis Obispo County Jail in lieu of $100,000 bond.
The investigation is ongoing. Corvey is expected to be arraigned today. He is facing the following charges:
- Two felony charges of assault with a deadly weapon causing bodily injury of a police officer
- A misdemeanor charge of attempting to disarm a peace officer of a firearm
- A felony charge of using a destructive device and explosive with the intent to injure a person or property
- A felony charge of possessing a deadly weapon
- A misdemeanor charge of being under the influence of narcotics
- A misdemeanor charge of possessing less than an ounce of marijuana
-- Sona Patel