Officials say a cooking pot left smoldering on a stovetop at a Los Osos business started a small fire Tuesday morning.
A Cal Fire spokeswoman said fire crews were called to the business in the 2000 block of 10th Street at about 6:30 a.m.
No one was hurt in the fire, and the extent of damage was not immediately known Tuesday morning.
Cal Fire said firefighters quickly identified the smoldering pot as the cause of the incident.
Never miss a local story.
As of 9:20 a.m., fire crews had left the scene and a county building code inspector was on site examining the business.