Twenty young leaders from San Luis Obispo County have been selected for The Tribune’s sixth annual Top 20 Under 40 award.
The award honors county residents younger than the age of 40 who have demonstrated excellence in their field and a strong commitment to community service.
More than 80 entries were submitted online at www.SanLuisObispo.com in November. A review panel from the San Luis Obispo County Community Foundation selected the winners at The Tribune’s request.
The winners — 10 men, 10 women — will be recognized for their accomplishments at a special lunch in January at the Madonna Inn.
Never miss a local story.
As in previous years, this year’s group represents a host of occupations in both the private and public sectors and nonprofits, including education, engineering, medicine and art. They share pride in their community, dedication to their craft and determination to succeed.
The winners are:
- Sada Andrews, development manager, Lifewater International
- Pedro Arroyo, San Luis Obispo County deputy probation officer
- Ashlea Boyer, president, Pismo Homes
- Jolie Ditmore, chief executive officer, Central Coast Pathology
- Juliette Duke, associate director of Apartment Life and Education, Cal Poly University Housing Department
- Billy Gallant, area manager, H&R Block
- Alexandra Irving, program director, Paso Robles Studios on the Park
- Amy Jacobs, morning radio show co-host, Coast 101.3, El Dorado Broadcasting
- Stephen Lloyd-Moffett, associate professor of religious studies, Cal Poly
- Brandon Medeiros, senior planner, RICK Engineering Co.
- Matt Neff, president, Neff & Associates Insurance Services
- Carissa Nepstead, marketing specialist and media planner, Verdin Marketing Ink
- Jennifer Porcher, partner, Collaboration LLC
- Dan Rivoire, executive director, SLO County Bicycle Coalition
- Cami Rouse, family advocate, Transitions-Mental Health Association
- David Serwitz, founder and CEO, Grade Potential Tutoring
- Clint Slaughter, emergency room physician with Arroyo Grande Community Hospital and French Hospital Medical Center
- Dan Sutton, general manager, Pismo Oceano Vegetable Exchange
- Hillary Trout, CPA tax manager, Longcrier & Associates CPAs
- Julian Varrela, co-owner, Equilibrium Fitness
— The Tribune staff
The third annual Shell Beach Holiday Stroll will feature festivities at businesses along Shell Beach Road from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
Parking is available at Dinosaur Caves Park and Shell Beach School for the event, which will include photos with a Surfin’ Santa, food and beverages, live music and holiday crafts. Free Christmas gifts will be given to the first 100 children to visit Santa.
— Julia Hickey