Seven local firms were recognized on Inc. magazine’s 5000 list for being among “The Fastest-Growing Private U.S. Companies.”
New York-based Inc. ranks businesses according to overall revenue growth over a three-year period, based on revenues from 2011 and 2014 in its annual Inc. 500 and Inc. 5000 lists.
Companies apply to be considered for the list.
The Inc. 500 list ranks the first 500 companies of the Inc. 5000’s inventory; the Inc. 500 appears in the magazine’s September issue, while the 5000 is online only at www.inc.com.
Never miss a local story.
Here are the local firms listed, along with their reported revenue and number of employees:
• No. 636: Hathway in San Luis Obispo — The firm helps businesses around the world develop mobile applications and campaigns. The company reported $6.1 million in revenue in 2014, up 723 percent from 2011. Founded in 2008, the company has 37 employees. The firm was ranked No. 601 on the 2014 Inc. 5000 list.
• No. 1,658: MindBody in San Luis Obispo — The integrated cloud-based business management software and payments platform helps business owners in the wellness industry run, market and build their businesses. The firm, founded in 2000, reported $70 million in revenue in 2014, up 246 percent from 2011. The business, with 1,033 employees, has previously been on the Inc. 5000 list seven times. It is a five-time Inc. 5000 honoree — an honor roll reserved for companies that have made the list five or more times.
•No. 1,709: AccuAir Suspension in San Luis Obispo — The firm, founded in 2001, designs, engineers and manufactures products used in vehicle air suspension. It reported revenue of $7.1 million in 2014, up 237 percent over the three-year period. The company has 44 employees.
• No. 2,054: WSC in San Luis Obispo — Water Systems Consulting Inc. is a civil and environmental engineering firm, specializing in planning, design, evaluation and optimization of municipal drinking water, wastewater and recycled water systems. Founded in 2007, the company reported $4.3 million in revenue in 2014, up 192 percent from 2011. The firm has 20 employees.
• No. 3,153: Meathead Movers in San Luis Obispo — Founded in 1997, the packing and moving company offers local and long- distance moves, and focuses on employing student athletes; it has a staff of 235. The firm reported $8.2 million in revenue in 2014, up 109 percent from 2011. The firm has been previously recognized three times on the Inc. 5000 list.
• No. 3,762: Anderson Burton Construction in Arroyo Grande — The firm, founded in 1999, provides construction services for large-scale projects in the public and private sectors. It reported $30.2 million in revenue in 2014, up 81 percent from 2011. It has 22 employees.
• No. 4,032: IQMS in Paso Robles — The firm, founded in 1989, designs and develops comprehensive real-time software and services to the automotive, medical, packaging, consumer goods and other manufacturing markets. It reported $35.4 million in revenue in 2014, up 72 percent from 2011. It has 193 employees. IQMS is a five-time Inc. 5000 honoree; the firm has been ranked four previous times on the list.