Atascadero State Hospital employee's jaw broken in attack by patient: An earlier version of this story incorrectly said Atascadero State Hospital officials didn't alert the media to the attack until after inquiries were made. Notice of an attack and subsequent patient arrest was previously released to The Tribune, but it contained few details.
- Then & Now: Morro and Higuera St, San Luis Obispo
- Cambria considers monument road sign
- Paso Robles restores street sweeping as finances continue to improve
- Cal Poly says it's making progress on sustainability
- Tight end Vernon Davis arrives at 49ers training camp
- Area Baseball: North County Indians win nightcap after tie in opener of doubleheader
- Fishing Report: Grover Beach angler lands whopper
- Jarrod Lyle opens with 67 in US return
- Can any law actually restrain marijuana use?
- Now, what to drink?
- Miscarriage of justice
- Gangs are cancer
- Our 10 favorite summer movies of all time
- Broadway musical 'Oklahoma!' revisits pioneer roots
- The beats go on for this California percussion group
- Classical fun at Festival Mozaic
- Tourist Info
- Local Deals