Paso Robles firefighters controlled a shed fire on Pine Street shortly after responding about 9 p.m. Saturday, according to a news release from the city's fire department. Three families were displaced.
Firefighters arrived to find the exterior of the 10-by-10-foot shed at 3012 Pine St. fully engulfed. Several propane tanks in the area complicated efforts to fight the fire, but firefighters were able to quickly knock down the flames, limiting damage to the exterior. The fire was declared under control at 9:49 p.m.
Occupants of a nearby four-unit apartment complex were able to leave the building safely, and no injuries were reported. The units had minor fire and smoke damage.
The American Red Cross and Paso Robles Housing Authority provided emergency housing to the three families who had to be evacuated.
A total of 31 firefighters responded from the Paso Robles Department of Emergency Services, Cal Fire/San Luis Obispo County Fire Department, and city fire departments from Atascadero, Templeton and San Miguel. Paso Robles police helped with evacuations and street closures.