Smoke detectors prevented injuries or significant damage early Monday afternoon during a small residential fire in Oceano, officials say.
According to the Five Cities Fire Authority, an undisclosed number of residents were alerted to the fire by the homes smoke detectors and quickly fled the residence.
Once on the scene, firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze quickly. It was later determined the fire started in a bedroom of the house on a dresser. The occupant was not home at the time.
No other rooms were damaged, and nobody was injured.
The scene was turned over to the property owners within an hour.