Fire damages bedroom of Oceano home

mfountain@thetribunenews.comApril 7, 2014 

A fire at a home in the 2200 block of La Verne Street in Oceano damaged a bedroom.

PETER KLEIN — Five Cities Fire Authority

Smoke detectors prevented injuries or significant damage early Monday afternoon during a small residential fire in Oceano, officials say.

At approximately 2:30 p.m., Five Cities Fire Authority crews were deployed to the 2200 block of La Verne Street in Oceano after receiving a report of a house fire.

According to the Five Cities Fire Authority, an undisclosed number of residents were alerted to the fire by the home’s smoke detectors and quickly fled the residence.

Once on the scene, firefighters were able to extinguish the blaze quickly. It was later determined the fire started in a bedroom of the house on a dresser. The occupant was not home at the time.

No other rooms were damaged, and nobody was injured.

The scene was turned over to the property owners within an hour.

The Tribune is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service