Your editorials March 16 about Sunshine Week in conducting public business reminded me of one of the most important reasons why I support Jamie Irons for mayor of Morro Bay. In the short time he has been in office, he has made our government more open and more responsive to ordinary citizens, not just the ones who are connected. I like the fact that Embarcadero lease negotiations are more open now to public scrutiny, like they ought to be. I like the fact that Irons promoted the goal-setting workshops last year, and that his actions have been consistent with those citizens goals. I like the way he led the modification of council procedures to make public comment more effective. I know theres going to be a lot of bluster about transparency in this election, but I point out that it has been Irons who has adhered to both the spirit and the letter of the Brown Act. We need to re-elect Mayor Irons.
- Conservancy nears goal to buy Pismo Preserve
- Los Osos yard sale will benefit local homeless shelters
- San Miguel Mercantile will reopen for business Friday
- It's been a busy summer along the North Coast
- Running back, secondary are primary concerns for Cal Poly's football team
- Hansen in top 25 at amateur tourney
- Summer Collegiate Baseball: San Luis Obispo Blues reach 40-win mark with victory over Halos
- Fishing Report: Meeks enjoys big Nacimiento catch
- Sticking a monkey wrench in the political money machine
- The real aggressor
- What would U.S. do?
- Split the land
- Tourist Info
- Local Deals