If Joe Tarica (Atascaderos rush to the bottom, March 2) had done his due diligence he would have learned that not all new stores in Atascadero are owned by big giant corporations. For instance, he would have learned that the Grocery Outlet located at 2100 Camino Real in the Mission Oaks Annex is independently owned and operated by Pete and Terresa Novak. This couple lives locally, and they are exceedingly supportive of community events and nonprofit organizations. Just ask Loaves & Fishes and RISE!
- Atascadero artist to create stacked stone sculptures at Canadian festival
- Island invasions, general killed in Normandy; World War II week by week
- 771 animals sold at 2014 California Mid-State Fair Jr. Livestock Auction
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic: Cal Poly alum still getting laughs after 35 years
- Judge OKs record-setting $2B sale of Clippers
- College Roundup: Elegado to return to Mustangs
- Sports Roundup: Texas prep guard says he's committed to Cal Poly men's basketball team
- Team Joseph inspires at SLO Triathlon
- Our 10 favorite summer movies of all time
- Broadway musical 'Oklahoma!' revisits pioneer roots
- 'Barefoot in the Park' an older play, but still fresh
- Fame after death for 'Forever Plaid'
- Tourist Info
- Local Deals