One person burned in Santa Margarita apartment fire

mfountain@thetribunenews.comFebruary 19, 2014 

An early-morning apartment fire in Santa Margarita on Wednesday sent one person to the hospital to be treated for minor burns.

According to a Cal Fire representative, fire crews received a report of an apartment fire in a single-story complex on the 22800 block of El Camino Real at 2:29 a.m.

Cal Fire issued a second alarm after the agency received a report from the all-volunteer Santa Margarita Fire Department that the fire had begun to burn through the roof of the apartment.

Four fire engines responded to the scene from Cal Fire and the San Luis Obispo, Templeton and Atascadero fire departments.

The fire was out by 3:30 a.m., and the scene was cleared by 9:30 a.m., according to Cal Fire.

One person was taken to Sierra Vista Regional Medical Center in San Luis Obispo with minor burns.

It is not clear how many people lived in the apartment, but the fire is believed to have started in an oven. The Red Cross is providing the residents with immediate housing.

The Tribune is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service