On behalf of Eastern Municipal Water District, we would like to set the record straight regarding Ms. Cindy Steinbeck’s guest column on the water rights of residents within the Paso Robles and Kern County regions. Perris-based Eastern Municipal Water District has never conducted groundwater banking within the Paso Robles or Kern County regions. While the law firm of Lemieux & O’Neill do serve as outside legal counsel for EMWD, the letter Ms. Steinbeck describes that was distributed to landowners in the region was not drafted or delivered on behalf of EMWD. It is disappointing that Ms. Steinbeck repeatedly erred in this information.
- Atascadero artist to create stacked stone sculptures at Canadian festival
- SLO History Center to debut exhibit on Morro Bay Power Plant
- Island invasions, general killed in Normandy; World War II week by week
- 771 animals sold at 2014 California Mid-State Fair Jr. Livestock Auction
- Judge OKs record-setting $2B sale of Clippers
- College Roundup: Elegado to return to Mustangs
- Sports Roundup: Texas prep guard says he's committed to Cal Poly men's basketball team
- Team Joseph inspires at SLO Triathlon
- Our 10 favorite summer movies of all time
- Broadway musical 'Oklahoma!' revisits pioneer roots
- 'Barefoot in the Park' an older play, but still fresh
- Fame after death for 'Forever Plaid'
- Tourist Info
- Local Deals