Gary J. Freiberg (Aghast at Obama, Jan. 2) should look at The Patriot Act, which was signed into law by George W. Bush, allowing taping phone conversations. If we have nothing to hide, who cares who listens, as long as it may possibly thwart an attack? Fear tactics about other possibilities of eroding our freedom are just that fear tactics.
- Local News
- Weird News
- The Cambrian
- Submit a News Tip
- Maldonado calls for immigration reform and help for midsize farms
- Judge postpones hearing in deadly texting accident
- Meeting on Morro Bay sign ordinance set for Monday
- New supports help Cayucos pier withstand battering storm waves
- Perimeter shots are key for Cal Poly
- Hyland is right at home with the Cal Poly softball team
- Prep Roundup: Atascadero's Block is set for state wrestling meet
- College Roundup: Hancock tops Cuesta in baseball again
- Doonesbury, Mallard on the way out
- Roaming livestock prompted Paso Robles cityhood 125 years ago
- Turning the page
- Facts and faith
- Vineyard Dog Park marks 5th anniversary
- It's a real family affair converting Quicken Loans Arena from ice to hardwood and back again
- Your Place: In springtime, our thoughts turn to stain removal
- Living Smart: Before you hire a landscaper
- Film festival screening 'Five Summer Stories' for Surf Nite
- A lively 'As You Like It'
- Classics in the Cohan explores 'Nocturnes' and 'The Planets'
- New theater group's debut: 'It Had to Be You'
- Tourist Info
- Local Deals