Apparently the writers of the ABC show Castle were once silly Greeks. The Nov. 25 show ends with Beckett coming over to Castles home dressed as an Indian woman and she tosses Castle a Pilgrim costume. Joetopia tried to give a little history, but left out a few details. The celebration after surviving the first winter was attended by King Massaoit and some 90 men which for three days we entertained and feasted, according to a letter by Edward Winslow. His new wife, Susanna (widowed from the harsh winter), and three other surviving adult women Mayflower passengers were the only women who were there. My source is http://mayflowerhistory.com. The Pilgrims called all the Indian chiefs king as a sign of respect. I would be happy to help spread the true story of Thanksgiving.
- Local News
- Weird News
- The Cambrian
- Submit a News Tip
- Thornton Lee: White Sox All-Star pitcher, Cal Poly and Arroyo Grande star
- Cal Poly suspends fines for student election violations
- Don Rickles show canceled at Chumash Casino
- Alcohol sting at Cal Poly results in one citation
- Day-Monroe is unable to medal at world indoor championships
- Hyland stars as Cal Poly sweeps softball twinbill
- College basketball incidents involving fans must end
- College Roundup: Imhof strikes out 15 in win over Seattle
Recent HeadlinesMore Opinion
- Trying to understand dieters' temptations
- Searching for love, in sickness and in health: Breast cancer patients find romance and support online
- For young hands, a peril too easily in reach
- Expensive ear-tube operations on kids moving out of the operating room
- Film festival screening 'Five Summer Stories' for Surf Nite
- A lively 'As You Like It'
- Classics in the Cohan explores 'Nocturnes' and 'The Planets'
- New theater group's debut: 'It Had to Be You'
- Tourist Info
- Local Deals