Woman rescued from apartment fire in SLO

jlavelle@thetribunenews.comNovember 22, 2013 

Food left unattended while cooking on a stove caused an apartment fire Friday afternoon in the 1500 block of Madonna Road in San Luis Obispo.

Firefighters received a call about a fire at 5:24 p.m. and arrived on scene three minutes later to find smoke coming out of a second-floor apartment and the downstairs door locked, San Luis Obispo fire Battalion Chief Bob Bisson said.

Firefighters used a ladder to climb through the second-floor window into the apartment, where they found a woman on the floor, semiconscious from smoke inhalation, he said.

The woman, who was home alone, was taken to a local hospital by paramedics while firefighters put out the blaze.

Damage to the apartment was minimal, Bisson said. The condition of the woman was unknown Friday evening.

The Tribune is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service