The atheist is right; prayer of any sort should never be allowed in any government function. The separation of church and state isnt in the Constitution as a whim. Give the Founding Fathers some credit: It matters. To rationalize religious inclusion with Christianitys track record, as one writer has done, is a slippery slope. All the cruelty on this planet can be traced back to belief. Serving one groups beliefs at the expense of anothers is un-American. Lets not do it.
- Demi Levato concert at the Mid-State Fair
- Cal Poly adopts student's resolution on conflict minerals
- Cal Poly students chosen for congressional internship program
- Local government meetings for the week of July 21
- Youth football contact practice limits imposed
- Bills release former Cal Poly star Barden, among other moves
- Sports Roundup: Righetti basketball star Walker chooses Stanford
- Jones, former Cal Poly star Norris power Orioles over Shoemaker, Angels 4-2
Recent HeadlinesMore Opinion
- Trendy barre workout combines ballet, Pilates, yoga
- Ask Mr. Dad: Is it ok for 4-year-old to sleep with Mom?
- Lori Borgman: Tax false fitness claims ï¿½ feel the burn
- Sharon Randall: Why a 'liar' loves to hear from readers
- Tourist Info
- Local Deals