Man found overdosed on heroin in bathroom of Paso Robles bar

newsroom@thetribunenews.comOctober 25, 2013 

Downtown Brewing Co. in Paso Robles


A man who overdosed on heroin in the bathroom of a Paso Robles restaurant and bar was revived by paramedics and county probation officers on Thursday.

At about 4:30 p.m., two San Luis Obispo County probation officers assisted the Paso Robles police by responding to a report about an intoxicated man in the bathroom of Downtown Brew, according to a probation department news release.

The officers found the man lying on the floor of a stall, not breathing and holding a used syringe, so they radioed for paramedics while trying to get the man breathing again, according to the release.

Paramedics arrived and administered Narcan to counteract the heroin. The man resumed breathing and was taken to Twin Cities Community Hospital in Templeton, the release said.

At the hospital, the man told probation Officers Jason Hendrix and Christine Carlton that he had injected heroin into his neck. The man’s condition was unknown Friday evening, the release said.

The Tribune is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service