Hundreds of classic car buffs will return to downtown Atascadero this month for Hot El Camino Cruise Nite.
Now in its 21st year, Cruise Nite features a closed, controlled cruise route on El Camino Real from Curbaril Avenue to Traffic Way in Atascadero. The event, which takes place 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Aug. 16, is sponsored by the city of Atascadero, H & R Block, Rabobank N.A. and Taco Bell.
Participants can pre-register their cars by visiting the Colony Park Community Center, 5599 Traffic Way, before 4 p.m. Aug. 16.
All other registration will take place on-site from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Aug. 16 at the intersection of San Luis and Pueblo avenues. Registration costs $26 per vehicle, or $36 on the night of the cruise.
The following roads will be closed during Cruise Nite:
- El Camino Real from Traffic Way to Curbaril Avenue;
- San Luis Avenue from Curbaril Avenue to Pueblo Avenue;
- Pueblo from San Luis Avenue to El Camino Real;
- Palma from East Mall to Traffic Way;
- East Mall from Lewis Avenue to El Camino Real;
- West Mall from Lewis Avenue to El Camino Real; and
- Entrada Avenue from Lewis Avenue to El Camino Real.
In addition, Highway 41 will be closed to through traffic at the intersection of El Camino Real and Morro Road, while Traffic Way will be open to northbound traffic on El Camino Real only.
For more information about Hot El Camino Cruise Nite, call (805) 470-3360 or visit www.atascadero.org.