Dan De Vauls property is in the county area of San Luis Obispo. The city of SLO needs to build a homeless shelter. If the city and county team up with Cal Poly, it would be possible to design a functional, all-purpose homeless shelter. It could fulfill the purpose of Sunny Acres, as well as serve the homeless. Please consider total solarization with battery packs. The electric bill would be net zero. If done properly, these buildings could set a standard for homeless shelters in the entire state of California. The funding can be petitioned from the Bill Gates Foundation and would qualify under the 501(c)(3) nonprofit charity status.
- Then & Now: Morro and Higuera St, San Luis Obispo
- Cambria considers monument road sign
- Paso Robles restores street sweeping as finances continue to improve
- Cal Poly solar project, completed by students, is now operational
- Ravens RB Rice receives 2-game suspension from NFL
- Southern California Catch rout San Luis Obispo Blues
- Area Baseball: North County Indians win nightcap after tie in opener of doubleheader
- AP source: Gordon to meet with league Aug. 1
- Can any law actually restrain marijuana use?
- Now, what to drink?
- Miscarriage of justice
- Gangs are cancer
- Our 10 favorite summer movies of all time
- Broadway musical 'Oklahoma!' revisits pioneer roots
- The beats go on for this California percussion group
- Classical fun at Festival Mozaic
- Tourist Info
- Local Deals