A quick question for Mike Broadhurst (GMO ban would limit choice, March 21): Since Whole Foods, Trader Joes and coops in California, Minnesota, New York and Kansas have just announced that they will not sell genetically engineered salmon and dont seem to think they are depriving their customers of choice, why would our local farmers markets think we need to have that choice with genetically engineered corn?
- Cal Poly says it's making progress on sustainability
- Region's top prosecutor stepping down to be a federal judge
- Movies, bingo and more in San Miguel
- Lady Antebellum charms the crowd at Mid-State Fair
- Tight end Vernon Davis arrives at 49ers training camp
- Area Baseball: North County Indians win nightcap after tie in opener of doubleheader
- Fishing Report: Grover Beach angler lands whopper
- Langer leads British Senior by 2 after 1st round
- Can any law actually restrain marijuana use?
- Now, what to drink?
- Miscarriage of justice
- Gangs are cancer
- Our 10 favorite summer movies of all time
- Broadway musical 'Oklahoma!' revisits pioneer roots
- The beats go on for this California percussion group
- Classical fun at Festival Mozaic
- Tourist Info
- Local Deals