With the failure of Sen. Dianne Feinsteins assault weapons bill and the apparent rejection of universal background checks, we now know that even the violent massacre of 20 young children is not enough to prod our nations leaders into standing up to the National Rifle Association and actually doing something about Americas deadly obsession with guns. I suppose well have to wait and wonder if perhaps a shooting rampage at a maternity ward might do the trick.
- Atascadero artist to create stacked stone sculptures at Canadian festival
- SLO History Center to debut exhibit on Morro Bay Power Plant
- Island invasions, general killed in Normandy; World War II week by week
- 771 animals sold at 2014 California Mid-State Fair Jr. Livestock Auction
- Judge OKs record-setting $2B sale of Clippers
- College Roundup: Elegado to return to Mustangs
- Sports Roundup: Texas prep guard says he's committed to Cal Poly men's basketball team
- Team Joseph inspires at SLO Triathlon
- Our 10 favorite summer movies of all time
- Broadway musical 'Oklahoma!' revisits pioneer roots
- 'Barefoot in the Park' an older play, but still fresh
- Fame after death for 'Forever Plaid'
- Tourist Info
- Local Deals