How will water its supply, shortages and other aspects affect you and your community?
A countywide group wants to plunge into that issue, and it is inviting the public to participate through a series of informational meetings this week.
During the presentations, the county will explain its Integrated Regional Water Management plan, and how citizens can get involved.
Organizers will touch on such topics as finding ways to provide sustainable water uses, reliable water supplies, better water quality, environmental stewardship, and watershed awareness.
Here's the schedule for the meetings:
- Oceano: Wednesday, March 20, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Oceano Community Services District, 1655 Front St.
- San Luis Obispo: Wednesday, March 20, 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., San Luis Obispo City-County Library community room, 955 Palm St.
- Atascadero: Thursday, March 21, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., Atascadero Mutual Water Company, 5005 El Camino Real
- Morro Bay: Thursday, March 21, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., Veterans Memorial Building, 209 Surf St.
- San Miguel: Thursday, March 21, 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., San Miguel Fire Station, 1150 Mission St.
- Paso Robles: Friday, March 22, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., 1000 Spring St.
For more information go to www.slocountywater.org or contact Carolyn Berg at 781-5536.