Wilsons, a longtime family-owned Paso Robles restaurant, plans to close Sunday.
Currently owned by Harold and Gail Hansen, the restaurant was established in 1948 by Harolds mother and stepfather, Georgia and Russ Wilson.
When the Paso Robles landmark opened at the corner of 28th and Spring streets, its phone number was three digits and a steak dinner cost 55 cents.
Wilsons has evolved over the years from a part drive-in, part-sit down restaurant into a dining house serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Before a fire prompted it to rebuild at 635 28th St. in 1981, the restaurant was located across the street at the bowling alley.
Since then, its menu moved to all-day breakfast dishes and lunch, and the business has remained a local favorite.