SLO's Teach Elementary can stay, for now: An earlier version of this story misquoted San Luis Coastal schools Superintendent Eric Prater. His quote should have read, I want to apologize to you if I offended you, not failed you. In addition, the decision to keep fourth grade at Teach will likely result in two combination classes, but not one configured with fourth, fifth and sixth grades in one class.
- Cal Poly says it's making progress on sustainability
- Region's top prosecutor stepping down to be a federal judge
- Movies, bingo and more in San Miguel
- Lady Antebellum charms the crowd at Mid-State Fair
- Tight end Vernon Davis arrives at 49ers training camp
- Area Baseball: North County Indians win nightcap after tie in opener of doubleheader
- Fishing Report: Grover Beach angler lands whopper
- Marcus Thompson: Donald Sterling deserves our humanity
- Can any law actually restrain marijuana use?
- Now, what to drink?
- Miscarriage of justice
- Gangs are cancer
- Our 10 favorite summer movies of all time
- Broadway musical 'Oklahoma!' revisits pioneer roots
- The beats go on for this California percussion group
- Classical fun at Festival Mozaic
- Tourist Info
- Local Deals