I have lived around here since the 1970s. Heres what I learned watching the news and reading the paper.
1. If you cut down the eucalyptus trees because they are not native and build houses, the particulates dont stick to the trees.
2. If you sell the houses to people from southern California (which has air pollution problems), they already have compromised breathing.
3. Write letters and campaign against established recreation facilities, because you cant breathe.
4. This is not Disneyland. The happiest place on Earth is Disneyland, in Anaheim no matter what Oprah and Sunset Magazine say about San Luis Obispo.
5. Corruption and power go hand in hand. Kelly Gearhart was Atascaderos Man of the Year.