The earthfill at each end of the bridge on Buena Vista Avenue over Highway 101 in San Luis Obispo is increasingly subsiding, resulting in abrupt curblike bumps that can cause tire damage and/or wheel-alignment problems. Both Caltrans (bridge) and the citys Public Works Department (streets) were advised of the problems several weeks ago. Bureaucracies move slowly. To paraphrase an old joke, how many men and how long a time does it take to repair a serious road hazard?
- Then & Now: Morro and Higuera St, San Luis Obispo
- Cambria considers monument road sign
- Paso Robles restores street sweeping as finances continue to improve
- Cal Poly solar project, completed by students, is now operational
- Tight end Vernon Davis arrives at 49ers training camp
- Area Baseball: North County Indians win nightcap after tie in opener of doubleheader
- Fishing Report: Grover Beach angler lands whopper
- Chiefs welcome back Jamaal Charles
- Can any law actually restrain marijuana use?
- Now, what to drink?
- Miscarriage of justice
- Gangs are cancer
- Our 10 favorite summer movies of all time
- Broadway musical 'Oklahoma!' revisits pioneer roots
- The beats go on for this California percussion group
- Classical fun at Festival Mozaic
- Tourist Info
- Local Deals