The earthfill at each end of the bridge on Buena Vista Avenue over Highway 101 in San Luis Obispo is increasingly subsiding, resulting in abrupt curblike bumps that can cause tire damage and/or wheel-alignment problems. Both Caltrans (bridge) and the citys Public Works Department (streets) were advised of the problems several weeks ago. Bureaucracies move slowly. To paraphrase an old joke, how many men and how long a time does it take to repair a serious road hazard?
- Drought's effects on Atascadero Lake to be subject of forum
- Sheriff's Office to take over Arroyo Grande police dispatch services
- Cal Poly's Take Back the Night promotes awareness of sexual assault
- Gibson, Clift spar over how Cambria water crisis has been handled
- Stars beat Ducks 4-2, even series 2-2
- Cal Poly's Reilly finalist for top reliever award
- Prep Roundup: Paso Robles baseball wins twice
- Fishing Report: Lintner set to rejoin Elite tour after last weeks victory at Lopez Lake
Recent HeadlinesMore Opinion
- Dustin Lynch has a fire inside for country
- Pewter Plough puts on 'The Cover of Life'
- Kelrik Productions brings 'Charlie Brown' to Clark Center
- Café Musique playing near you
- Tourist Info
- Local Deals