Parishioners of Santa Rosa Catholic Church recently celebrated the 50th anniversary of the laying of the cornerstone for their new facility on Main Street, March 19, 1962. The land was donated by Lucy Fiscalini to replace Old Santa Rosa Chapel on the hill above historic East Village, where services had been held since 1870. Above from left to right with current pastor the Rev. Mark Stetz are Barbara Fiscalini, Barbara Evans, Lorraine Gomes, Consuelo Macedo and Steve Soto, representing some 40 pioneer church families. The church presently serves 400 families and innumerable visitors to Cambria.
PHOTO BY TONY HOLTERMAN