Jamie Kirk, 39, founded Kirk Consulting in 2003 to offer land use planning services to residents, family wineries and farms. Formerly a planner for Atascadero and San Luis Obispo County governments, she holds a degree in geography and natural resources from Humboldt State University and is a first-generation college graduate. Active in the Atascadero Rotary, she supports agricultural organizations and the California Mid-State Fairs Heritage Foundation. I am very pleased to have founded a niche business that enables me to live here and raise my children in this community, Kirk says. She and husband, Blair, live in Atascadero with daughter Taylor, 7, and son Donovan, 5.
- Local News
- Weird News
- The Cambrian
- Submit a News Tip
- Maldonado calls for immigration reform and help for midsize farms
- County supervisors are poised to declare a drought emergency
- Judge postpones hearing in deadly texting accident
- Meeting on Morro Bay sign ordinance set for Monday
- Perimeter shots are key for Cal Poly
- Hyland is right at home with the Cal Poly softball team
- Prep Roundup: Atascadero's Block is set for state wrestling meet
- College Roundup: Hancock tops Cuesta in baseball again
Recent HeadlinesMore Opinion
- Vineyard Dog Park marks 5th anniversary
- Trying to understand dieters' temptations
- Searching for love, in sickness and in health: Breast cancer patients find romance and support online
- For young hands, a peril too easily in reach
- Film festival screening 'Five Summer Stories' for Surf Nite
- A lively 'As You Like It'
- Classics in the Cohan explores 'Nocturnes' and 'The Planets'
- New theater group's debut: 'It Had to Be You'
- Tourist Info
- Local Deals